Thursday, January 10, 2013

The Kodaikanal Trek - Phase-4 - FOUND

                        || " Everything is just probability!!  it become Luck, when the probability is at 1"||

It may seem normal when you read, but it was totally something there. Few more meters of walk i would be damn tired and anything could have happened. By calculation i knew i have walked 14km. It's just 14Km but it was in the woods and walking down the slope made me shaky! Gravity was all pulling me and the heavy bag i carried pushed me. My Jeans,T-shirt everything became heavier and i was sweating like hell! my shoes lost its souls and i was able to feel the ground, my foot burnt and the socks scratched it every time i walked. The two paths in front of me put me in chaos, deep down my instincts were screaming a thing. It was like " I would easily get out of this place" and i reasoned it in all logical ways i could.

Walking faster or getting a help from someone were the two logical possibilities. I'm sure i cannot walk faster and i cannot expect someone in the woods to give me a ride, it is woods after all!! As i was in a chaos on which path i should choose the bushes began to shake! i gripped my stick and made myself ready to run or make peace. Wild Bufallows / Ox were said to be the living creatures of the woods. I was longing to see one or even imagined even like i was chased by it. But not now, definitely not now! i cannot! but it was not an Ox. It was a young dude coming out of the woods from my left.

5 more people followed him and they were totally 7 -8 guys and as they came out and i asked "Which way do i go to get in town?", follow us he replied and i walked with them. "Where you from and what are you doing here?" he asked " From Chennai and came here for trekking"

Suddenly the other guy " What alone? trekking from kodaikanal??",  "yea from kodaikanal, i started at Dolphin nose this afternoon and im here now! i will be leaving Chennai tonight". They all gave me a stare as if they saw a Ghost! as i walked i thought, i should somehow reach periyakulam by 7pm and get the night bus to Chennai, as i planned. All of a sudden, 2 of the guys whispered loudly "Stop stop!!! i saw something there!! i think there is an OX". We marched slowly and 2 minutes later we were all fools! including the 2 guys. They mistook a cow for an Ox, the cow was standing under the Mango tree and i was stunned to see myself there! im finally out of woods!!! I have made it to the outskirts of the town and landed in a private land filled with Mango / sapota trees.



I was happy and sad as well. I became more cheered when i saw these guys parked their bikes! I don't remember the bike or its color, in which i had a ride. All i remember, that it was a triples ride and i was sandwiched between two guys. The Bike roared on the well laid road, the place resembled the outskirts of Thumbakarai village, The sun was sinking in the clouds. The bikes raced and wind blew over my face. I FOUND peace and freedom! A freedom  and victory of winning my own battle against time. The clock hit 5:30pm and i knew the last bus would have gone but i never cared.I closed my eyes and a flash of all the incidents played like a movie, the people i met , the trees i kissed, the places i sat and those mountains and steep path which had a promising light at its end. It was awesome!! i just looked at the plain blue sky and LOST myself into something!

The good twist for stories are always in the end. Finishing my trek and coming back home is not the end..I'm sure this is not the end or Well i don't know if it has really ended!


No comments:

Post a Comment