Sunday, April 22, 2012

The Wild and the Park.

                          || " Loneliness is in the mind, not in the absence of something  physical" ||

                                                                                           

Opposite to the park was a fenced forest area. There were exclamations from the crowd and everyone moved to the fence with the camera, i too hurried up with the video mode on and ran into the crowd. Three wild ox grazed in the forest land and someone yelled " Hey don't picture it with a flash on, it will turn wild" i flipped to picture mode and killed the flash option. When you get connected to nature you will have a very special instinct, you cannot explain how, but the heart whispers something and it becomes correct.

As i and other people were snapping the regal animals, the show was off. The three went back into the woods and we were not able to see them anymore. The pictures i took sucked! my instinct asked me not to enter the park but go straight and take left and stand near the fence on the other side. Two minutes i stood there and from within the woods came an animal, as if he wanted to gave his fans another chance to picture him. It was like a rock star coming back from the backstage after the end of the show and performing the one last song!

As i watched, the Ox came closer and closer. The gap in the fence was good enough to get my camera through it.The flash was off and my fingers were ready to click continuous shots. The Ox was large, black, it looked quite and peaceful. It just hovered over my camera and with the  right click i made a pretty decent picture.I stood there for couple of minutes and saw the animals vanishing into the woods. My soul was full of satisfaction. I had a very close view of the Ox and also a good picture for memory.



Next place was to cross the road and enter the Park.I had no other option other than going to park.It was crowded , but still i had to go.A regular counter in the entrance and i  paid 50Rs to enter.The park was huge! as i walked in the entrance to my left they portrayed different flowers within wired fence.There were different flowers and there were name boards and the Latin name for those flowers. I put my Camera on the Macro mode and spent valuable minutes in capturing the beautiful flowers.

I was at the entrance , after picking up nice shots my eyes quickly ran into the park. As long as i could see, all i saw was green , trees and group of people sitting. I wanted to sit somewhere alone and observe people and take pictures. I started walking in and the park went steep. The high trees and moving clouds made me forget the dimension of Time.I don't remember the time, but it was almost sunset, cloudy and i liked it.

I walked and climbed the steep. I lay looking the sky and asked myself what to do next. Suddenly a Gardner asked me to step down the slope as no one should lie down there. I stepped down and sat in a place were i was able to see the whole park, There were several kids playing , running and screaming in excitement.The most funny thing was kids playing Frisbee.

A kid held a blue Frisbee that was larger than him, he aimed to throw to his sister who was few feet away in front of him. He held the Frisbee in his right hand, to gain power and give the Frisbee a good throw he folded his right hand to his chest and moved the arm forward with great speed, with great anxiety i saw how far the Frisbee would go! The kid released the Frisbee and the Frisbee went somewhere behind him!



I was not making fun of the kid but i started laughing! could not help , kids often forget that there is a dimension called up or straight. Give them something to throw straight to you, they throw it somewhere far from you and from them. Most funny thing is the way they look around searching were the thing they threw went! oh my god kids!!!! they are lightly annoying and highly cute and innocent.With smile i started from there, roamed the park for a while and walked out.

There were lots of shops in line selling cloths and gift articles.Tibetans living there formed an association and had around 20 shops in row.opposite to the shop i got a steamed baby corn with slight chilly paste rubbed on its surface and walked towards a crowd watching a football match.It was a small ground and i was watching it through a fence. A white man was hosting the match and in one corner i saw an Chinese/Tibet/Nepali guy portraying his tricks with football. He was more interesting than the match and more interesting was an average height , good looking, medium hair, lightly plump girl looking at me and i looking at her. I forgot the match and forgot the trick guy and we exchanged looks. Damn!! she was inside the fence and me outside the fence.



Its human nature , you get to notice people who have comparatively less clothing. Football dudes were wearing just shorts, they win!! the crowd cheered and the match got over, she was lost in crowd.the white man announced in mike " We will have the semifinals tomorrow at 5:00PM" and i thought may be i can be here again :p..(You know why). Looked at the road and started walking " were do i stay tonight, how to charge my mobile and camera" were the threatening thoughts, i called Karthi (the number given by bus driver) and he gave a place to meet " Durga tours and travels, near the SBI ATM, Kodaikanal bustand"  i went in search of it all by walk I had got passed by the place but still i could not find it.

After keen observation i found it hidden under a line of complex crushed near a electronic shop.Two North Indian girls one dressed in yellow and another in green T-shirt stood there with bags and luggage bargaining the rent for the room. 1400rs was the final settlement and  the dark man dressed in white and white in the table was the manager, he told his guys  " Get the luggage and bags, take them to room , give them 105" and said something in Hindi to the girls.The girls got the bill and walked out to a car and the dark guy looking at me said " Please have a seat, what do you need?".

Let the negotiation begin!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment