Sunday, April 22, 2012

Rest In Peace!

          || " Even a four walled room can make great memories at  places, times and to ones minutes of experience" ||

" i need a room for the night stay , i will vacate in the morning" i said to him. " Hmm. what is the range you expect?"... " You will have to say, what are the various prices, you got?" i asked .. He laughed and said " Well 1000, 1200 and 1500. what do you need?" oh! crap i thought. All the horror stories are true!! Every person said that there wont be any rooms for rate below 1000rs. Having that in mind i said " H ah aha ha..i need a room with few plug points and a pillow to sleep", the guy looked at me and his boys, it was like making a drug deal with Most wanted people of Kodaikanal.

Of course he might be a Don in kodaikanal. The place i was sitting was his office , the walls were decorated with designed brown paper and filled with numerous photos. Some photos showed him making some protest with lawyers, getting some memento from a politician, some pictures of god and sight seeing places in kodaikanal. As my eyes inspected who this man could be , he replied  " Well i got a room ,it has no bathroom, but only common bathroom and many people would be using it!! you fine with it?", without hesitations " Yeah okay, i wold be fine with it!" the man was in quite a shock, he looked into my eyes and voice turned more serious " Common bathroom, you really fine with it?" and me " Yea. fine, if it had plug points". There was a silence for seconds and my mind went into thinking how ugly a common Bathroom would look. I was imagining all the worse, unhygienic, foul smelling and Insect breeding Bathrooms.



My Mind turned into a Google chrome Browser. It split up into several Tab's and each Tab started searching disgusting things. Here are the following , Images of puke, Human excreta, mucus, Animal Excreta, spoiled foul smelling food, fungus breeding Floor and ceiling, unwashed toilet seats, dark dirty water flowing out of flush  all these worse images combined to form the worlds dirtiest Bathroom ever!! and my friends im prepared and im not scared! Scariest thing was dead battery in my mobile and Camera!As i thought something got my attention.

The guy smiled " I have got no such rooms, but since you are staying just till the morning i will offer you a room, 800RS final. ". I gave thought and then " Okay, but does it have TV, bathroom? ", His smile got locked into his mouth and he went " huh! you  just said you are fine with a basic room with some plug points and pillow!". My turn to play the game i thought and i smiled at him and said " Well yea, but now im paying 800 so things change". The guy laughed and one of his employee said " Boss, it is a deluxe room boss! it is great!! ".

The guy looked at me " You come alone? or going to join someone tomorrow morning?". i was bored of replying to this question and i replied " I have come alone to trek. planning to go to Dolphin house and from there to the village down and to chennai". There was a silence for a second " Oh! i know a group of men from chennai , who come once in a month with some sensors and equipments. They are wild man!!. they go trek somewhere into forest and suddenly when our men goes and calls them , they turn out from some bushes, which we don't even dare to go" .

I was like, who are these guys! they are awesome!. The person i was talking and negotiating all this time was the owner and lot more about him i came to know when he talked to some one on phone and addressed himself as the councilor of a political party. I saw the picture of the party leader in the wall, it was definitely Photoshopped, that man in the picture looked brown and he could never be that fair!.

Apart from this, the councilor also had his own sightseeing cabs, which offered sightseeing across the place at various ranges.He suddenly said to one of his guys " Drop this person in our room and call those guys here now to fix up the door". There was small confusion and the counselor asked me to wait. Few minutes, later 2 guys came and talked something about fixing door. Later i walked to a car and sat in it. I was in middle, the two door fixer  were on the sides and the counselor in the front with the driver. As i sitting squeezed between the two guys, the councilor suddenly turned from his front seat and pointed a gun and said " You are dead!" , well that did not happen! actually I was not doing good and my mind wandered with crazy thoughts!

I was not feeling well , i had a mild head ache and a running nose. I felt mild heat in my body. I and the councilor had some words about my native and other things.The car went down the hill with several turns and finally reached the room. The place was built in such a way that one has to take the stairs to go down to the rooms. So logically, i was entering in the 3rd floor and my room was in 1st floor. I signed in a notebook at the gate and went to the room 105. The room was clean , with a good bed, western toilet, a TV and 2 plug points. As tears of joy came flowing out of my eyes, looking at the plug point, i recognized someone was standing behind me!  A man stood outside door and asked me order for dinner. "What do you have" i asked " Chapathi dhal , Dosa". I was not well so i thought i should have something very healthy and i asked " Do you serve Meals at night??"  "No sir just rice, but what do you need with rice?" .

" Well what did you say as the side dish for chapathi?" .. " Dhal". " Ya you can get me the same!. and how much is the total  cost?". He took a pen and wrote in a paper and said " 45rs sir". I was fine and i asked " Can i get a medicine or some Balm for my headache and also a soap". He scratched his head " I don't know! , but i can get you soap in the morning. Dinner i will get by 8:30PM as 7 to 8pm is power cut time", as soon as he said that i  quickly put my mobile and camera battery to charge.

The guy left and i changed and watched TV until the power left. I slept for a while and at 8PM sharp the current came back. I gave myself a shave and the guy came back with dinner. The food was hot and decent. I remember having some Nendra chips in my bag. I had it with rice and my head ache became better. He also took orders for breakfast. I preferred 4 pooris and he made a note of it along with a tea. I even discussed the trek route with him and he said a shocking thing " In dolphin nose, these foreigners use drugs. if you stay there in evenings and night you could see it". I did not think further as i was tired

.

I called up my parents and after a while i lay on bed power cut from 10  to 11PM . I switched off the TV and slept without knowing the light was on. Good night, Have to wake up at 6AM in the morning...As i closed my eyes i thought, the day was just okay, hope tomorrow's trek would be fun! and went blank into the thick bed sheet.

I was in sleep and i did not know i was just 15hours away from a challenging, adventurous trek! All i know  is Nature is watching you!

No comments:

Post a Comment