Saturday, April 21, 2012

The Pizza Experience

  || "Every place on earth has two great things, Wonderful people to meet and delicious food to eat!" ||
                                                                                  - By a wild man in a Cage



It was around 12:00noon, i walked back the route which the bus took to reach the bustand and for a second my memories backed to the moment when i stepped out in yercaud bustop 6 months ago. The bustop at yercaud was near a lake and it was less crowded. The fog was consuming the place and an alarm within raised a question " Have i done  a mistake coming alone?"

It was wonderful experience. The  place, the room i stayed, the people i met, flowers and tress i touched and hugged, the soil in which i drew lines with a stick. The yercaud trek, i fell in love with nature. It was all isolated. But here it was crowded and not surprising because it is summer holidays. It was full of people, cars , motors and buses.As i walked i gazed at the home made chocolate shop and entered Dominos. Dominos Pizza was my favorite, you get a Pizza for 45RS with a decent topping and a reasonable size. 45Rs  pizza was my choice all time, weather its salary day or month end it would be 45Rs Pizza.

I thought about Dominos at kodikanal and wondered how retail chains are becomming a boom in india.As i pushed the door and entered i found only me inside Dominos, it was all empty. Well i understood, i should be the only species in Kodaikanal who eats Pizza for lunch.The menu i had to order was ready in the edge of the tongue and deliver it on request. I looked around, the place was quite big. I walked and  went near the counter , a women dressed in the Dominos uniform came running and stood skidding in front of her billing system and smiled at me. It was kind of funny the way she hurried and stood in front of the system and i said "Slowly!!" and she smiled back.

I gave my order and saw a plug point near the counter. I had to charge my camera and mobile , lets give it a shot i thought and asked if i could charge my Camera Battery. she nodded and pointed to a plug point. I removed the "pizza Order number" display machine wire from the plug point and inserted my Casio Exlim battery charger and hung it down. Unlike the other dominos this one had seats similar to Cafe Coffee Day. The soft, Regal black / red Cushions

I sat down on a red couch and it pulled me inside, making the place a more heaven. The uncleaned mosaic table lay in front of me. 1 or 2 people walked in and started their order, i felt quite back into the normal human group now . The 15minutes wait of the hunger has ended and the 45rs Veg singles with Golden Corn topping hit my Table.



I found my name printed in a piece of paper and stuck on the pizza box. I teared open the box and my dirt covered fingers and hands reminded me some manners. i quickly went to the washroom, used handful of liquid soap and washed my hands.When chill soft clear water ran through the soap covered fingers and hit the mosaic basin, it turned dirty brown and the sight of my hands becoming clean was satisfying. I rubbed my face with the chill water and felt refreshed after smiling to myself in the washroom mirror i hurried back to my table to start the Lunch.

The pizza was  good as usual and i needed one more. Again the same lady stood and again i ordered the same menu with onion topping.  I thought it would be good idea to know about trek routes and to ask the workers there. I asked the lady and she called another guy and together they said me some interesting routes. He advised me to go for trek in dolphin nose and from there to Vellakavi village or got to coakers walk, from there to lake and park. His words reminded me of the driver.

As we discussed, we  became more close and I asked him about trek routes. My expectations was simple. I need a place to walk , isolated, lots of trees and some interesting things on way. They both discussed and argued about places and  said me a list of places. I quickly got a pen and started to write down. The square folded paper came into action. The names they said and the routes in the paper matched. The people here gave me more elaborate  routes and i jotted down in the paper. I took down the place which they said and I underlined some of the places in the paper for my reference. The lady also suggested me a hotel to stay were her  husband was working and also said that he might try to cut down the rates.

We then had a small fun chat , were the guy said he would be getting married this year. When came to know that im coming from chennai he said " i was working into marketing for Mahindra sathyam couple of years back.in chennai. did not like it, so came back here " As we talked the second Pizza with onion toppings came in. Food first, friends later! i thought and went back to seat and finished the second pizza slowly.

I was happy that i had given more time to charge my camera and also started my adventure with some friendly chat. The 2 Pizza's perfectly filled my stomach. After a glass of water , i removed the charger and took a snap of those beautiful , fun loving friendly people.

My bag was at its place , hanging down my shoulder, i waved them a bye and said " Possibly i try to be here for dinner or tomorrow's lunch" , they all smiled and i walked towards the door having Coaker Walk as my 1st destination in my mind. After i push this glass door out , a fresh chill breeze would hit me and i will take few steps and then the Left,The trek begins!!

No comments:

Post a Comment