Sunday, December 16, 2012

The Dolphin Nose

                          || " Happiness defines you, not the words or what people describe" ||

Dolphin Nose! im there. This place is just rocks. Climb over the rocks and you will get a spectacular view of the mountains. Go to the edge, look down and you will become shaky and faint! Especially the rock to my left from the place were i stood. This rock was like a huge bench, flat and smooth. People crawled over it and carefully sat on it and photographers snap and develop the photos in a small camp they had. 50rs for one photo and no one else could make that photo and why is that? The camera angle, The photographers sat on a tree which gave a spectacular view of the background and the Tree actually rooted out from a rock and stood still above the forest covered mountains below. The tree was on the edge and if one falls from the tree, they will fly down, hit their skull on some rock, roll into the forest and die. Yes and these were the photographers to whom i was talking about the 5 headed snake when i was walking into Dolphin nose.



The Photographer quickly recognized me. I balanced myself by stretching my arms wide, as i walked over the rock and went to the edge! man it was thrilling and awesome. I just sat down on the edge , suspending my legs down in the air! The cool air ran into my jeans and the sweaty socks. Any slight push from behind, i will fall down like a bomb from the fighter jets! i sat down for few minutes and i felt i need to be doing something more to relax! as i pulled my legs over the rock i saw few people behind me crawling and the photographer asked me to join them in the photo! why not!! and i gave my camera and asked him to click! the guys who were crawling were already shaky and i helped them. No one wanted to go to the edge of the rock so i stayed there and said "Cheeeeese" for the photo.

They all got up and started to move, suddenly people screamed, looked me with their big eye expression and some panicked for what i did! i felt tired after the walk, so stretched my legs on the rock and started lying on it! i saw the beautiful sky, were the clouds played moving here and there, battling the sun! it felt cool when the clouds covered the sun and it felt warm when the sun broke through the clouds and hit on my face.
I was just reminded by the photographer that there were other tourist waiting for me to get up and move out of the place.i did the same! i got up and looked at the other end of the place and there came a more real thrill.

one has to lean over other rock and hold a tree's branch and climb on it. this rock was small, maybe 2-3 people can stand at a moment. okay so ? well , this rock has a single piece of square shaped rock on it  and it is at the edge. usually people sit on it and take pictures with the majestic mountains behind. well i planned for something more.i sat down and saw people climbing and happily posing to the photos, shaking and turning pale! it was all funny and i thought " shit im not going there!"

when you climb up to the single stone rock, the tree would help but when you come back to the other rock, someone has to pull you up. as i was sitting a girl from the single stone rock was been pulled by a guy and he was trying hard but he found it difficult and the girl feared she might loose balance i quickly went and held her right hand and pulled her.  Dressed in purple T-shirt with brown eyes, brown skinned and slim, she said thanks and smiled at me. i smiled back and thought "Shit! im going to that rock now!". i gave my camera to a dude behind me and i pulled myself on the other rock. i sat on the single stone and he clicked. Few minutes from now im doing a craziest thing of my life!



As i said before the single stone was on the edge. this was also called as "Ram paarai" (Paarai- Rock) after the famous movie Ram was shot in this place, it was named  that.I saw the rock and i quickly climbed over it and found a little place behind it! i got down and stood behind the rock. A harsh wind or small push im dead! i will fly down and scatter into pieces! The guy with the camera and others were like " hey heye heyyyyyy", i was like "Mu ha ah ah aha h", well i did not shout it out loud, but did within! i stood behind the rock and stretched my arms wide as he made a click ( Yes i made this to upload in Facebook, it was pre-planned), then i sat on the rock suspending my legs in air and then i stood over the rock and it was all awesome! or i will use awesomest!!!!!!!

When i was suspending my legs and sitting over the rock , i planned to make a picture, were i will be looking at the mountains and not at the camera. I still do not know why! i just started smiling and laughing. i also heard a comment " anga yedha paathu da sirrikura?" , "what is he looking and laughing at", i admit i was kind of crazy, but its still good. there is no harm , you might look crazy but  more important is you are happy! don't care a thing of what people think or describe who you are! i came back to the rock  thanked him for the pictures and i picked up my jerkin and bag, i was hungry!

I looked around and found a small shop. A young guy was selling omelets and bread omelets. i ordered for  2 pieces of bread toast. i had no other option! as i had it, i spoke with him and asked him about the Trek route and he replied exactly what others said. i then had a small chat with him and suddenly my phone yelled! The tower was full and the call was from office, my colleague called me! im on a place that shares a boundary with the woods and i get to see a full tower, which sometimes does not happen in my house! something amazing ! and i switched it off once done with the call.Minutes later i began moving, towards a small path that led down from the rock.The path that will lead to vellakavi. A box of chocolate, water bottle , a pack of chips and small pack of biscuit and i started to trek down!

Adventure is Born!


No comments:

Post a Comment